What I learned from this class can be summed up into the following phrase, "don't let school get in the way of your education" firstly, I want to say this class never felt like school to me, school has always been sitting in a chair, listening to monotonous lectures, taking exams and writing essays. In this class we learned from everyday life stories. Our lectures were based in life experiences and the terms and vocabulary were terms to use in passing conversation. This class taught me that life is about living obvious designs and there is no reason to put up with a crappy life much less working with a crappy design. everything we do, every step we take is about designing your life to be the most user-friendly. if your life is not an easy life to live it's about redesigning and iterating.
My life can be measured by the institutions I have taken part in, many of which were poorly run and could use improvement. This class showed me how I can improve these institutions using team protocols and other skills, and it showed me that I can find a way to enjoy monotonous tasks like taking notes by integrating new methods.
more than anything, before taking this class I was worried about the major I had chosen. Informatics as a field made me nervous, I've always liked using technology but wouldn't describe myself as a "techy" by any means. I've never known how to program, and I struggle with math, this class showed me that informatics is about the people using the technology far more than the technology itself.
Thanks for building my confidence and giving me the tools to succeed in life over getting a good grade in my major. ...although the grade doesn't hurt either ;)
Have a great summer and good luck on Glerb!
No comments:
Post a Comment