Tuesday, April 1, 2014

9-Lee Wisne

I would consider the HELP systems a very useful tool for some. When you're stuck on that one problem that you can't get the answer to and really need a source of help, these systems put in place can be useful to help develop the answer. I normally avoid most of these HELP systems because I like to work things out on my own and come to an answer on my own, however, I can see how they can be useful and there have been a few times where I have used them myself. I think that the main problem definitely boils down to the design. The point of a good design is to make the user feel an ease of use as though the hardware was not there to interfere with their objective in the first place. If things were designed well in this manner I think the use of the HELP systems would significantly decline.

I think the personas that would be most useful for this project would be an adolescent kid or a comic book enthusiast who may be older but can provide a lot more insight as to the workings of a comic book character.

1 comment:

  1. I really agree with you on trying to come up with the answer yourself. I believe that you learn the program better that way for future uses. You have to remember that we are informatics and we understand technology way better than the average person. HELP systems could be needed for even good designs for a lot of people.

    ReplyDelete