Tuesday, January 28, 2014

2-Ben Krempp

The application in which I believe is a obvious design is the project management software producteev.com . You know a app is good when the worst part about it is the name. The website is www.producteev.com

Here is a pic of the app on a desktop. It is also extremely well done on the mobile version:

We tested numerous PM apps, and found this to have the best combination of usability and price (its free).

Whats great about this app is you never have to look far for anything, its all very simple and, not to be cliche, very obvious. From adding people, to adding projects, to adding tickets, to adding details on the tickets like dates notes etc. its all extremely well done.

When I check my app, I know exactly what is going on with my entire company. All daily notifications come straight to my phone and e-mail.

The best part about this app is how quickly I can get work done, especially simple tasks. If I have a ticket to give out, I can make one on desktop or mobile in under 20 seconds, and that is filling out everything from date due to the people to details on the task. We couldn't find a better free PM app, and I don't know if the ones that were expensive were much better for us. This does everything we need.

I think I have mainly discussed what happens so far instead of why, so, as a designer I'll talk about that a little bit. Generally, you want to put whatever you want the user to see first to the left, while making whatever the main functionality of said app is very visable on the screen and easy to use. In this case, the first thing I will want to do is pick my project, and they are neatly placed in a obvious spot. The 2nd thin I would want to do is creat a task, which is square in the middle and stretches through the whole screen (which you can't see in that photo).

When you are editing a ticket, the first thing you will do is assign people to it, which is unbelievably easy with this. A search box comes up, you type in the first few letters, they pop up, and you click the person. Done. Scheduling is very easy too, with all the neccessary buttons.

From a designers point of view, I don't know if this software would've been hard to make correctly, but they sure did a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment