Monday, March 10, 2014

8- Chris Ki

As Marty repeated many times in the lecture, I came to realize that there is really no definite step-by-step process in designing. Instead of moving on from one step to another without revisiting the previous steps, you constantly do usability test, get feedback, go back to designing stage and do redesign, do another usability test, and so on. Throughout many trials and error, your design will improve.

It was hard to believe that even some big companies do not perform a simple usability test just because of their over-confidence. On a side note, I’m actually more interested in listening to Marty’s mini life lessons. I think both his life lessons and class lectures are really helpful in learning about how the actual workplace in the society works.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with you on all of that. I think the life lessons are great, and important to learn. I like that he understands that most of us probably won't be graphic designers, so he teaches us design, but also things that we'll all be able to use just about wherever we go or whatever we do.

    ReplyDelete