Monday, March 31, 2014

9 - Bryan Mayer

Thinking of myself as it comes to HELP systems, I usually skip them or barely read the prompt.  Not that I know everything, which I obviously do not, but I enjoy figuring stuff out for myself.  If that's not the case I will look it up with Google.  Some tutorials are necessary for something like a new player mode or game, but not everything needs a tutorial.  Every time Facebook updates, it doesn't have a tutorial when the user logs in with the new platform for the first time.


A possible persona for project 5 could be male teens.  I am not saying there are no females into comics at that age, but males are more prevalent.  These teens could be reading the DC and Marvel comics while also buying to merchandise (action figures, accessories, etc.).

1 comment:

  1. I think it's interesting that you brought up the point about Facebook and how they usually throw you into a tutorial when they update a feature. This is an interesting spin on help screens, as you are already familiar with the design and functionality and it isn't your first time, but yet is it needed to spoon feed the changes to the people who already are familiar with how Facebook works?

    ReplyDelete