When I see the HELP systems, such as online help, tutorials, etc. I always skip those steps and try to figure out by myself except when I am extremely new to the system. Whenever I use the HELP system, it usually takes longer time to learn how to use the system and I forget a lot easier since I did not try to find the function but it tells me where it is. Therefore if you ask me is it helpful, I would say somewhat yes, but not for me. In additional, I do not think it would be better to be more "obvious."
When I think about developing personas for Project #5, I think about teenagers. Since teenagers can be the main customers, they were the first target customers in my head.
I agree with your idea of skipping certain parts in the HELP system because sometimes I feel as though the information gets so dragged out that nothing really resonates with those trying to go through the process of learning the material.
ReplyDelete