Monday, March 10, 2014

8 - Jesse Hawkins

After "playing the whole game," I've come to realize a few important factors in designing. First of all, there's a ton of work that goes into the planning and task assigning that happens before showing the design to non-designers. Even then, during user-testing experiences, the design can go through so many iterations before reaching the stage where an actual physical prototype can be built that it's almost a miracle that a final product could ever exist at all. During the creation of the diagram I made for the midterm exam, I thought to myself, "Huh. I crammed an awful lot of terms into the beginning steps of this diagram." That isn't to say that the implementation steps or beyond are inferior, less complicated, or less tied in any way to the primary designing stages, just that there's a lot of work that goes into the project up to and in the user-testing stages. Perhaps the possibility for so many early iterations can be connected to the Extra Credits video featuring the idea of failing early.

No comments:

Post a Comment