Monday, March 10, 2014

8 - Edward Lautzenhiser

I'd say that the biggest thing that's really been hammered in this semester has been the importance of quickly making a decision and then iterating and iterating on it.  I'd always thought that a large chunk of time should be spent on coming up with a good idea, but this class has sort of turned that idea on its head.  The "Fail Faster" video we saw really highlighted what Marty's been teaching us all along: it's far better to try to improve a terrible idea than work on coming up with the best idea from the start.

2 comments:

  1. I strongly agree with you. I'm also stunned when I noticed that it is important to do actual thing rather than having an idea. When we watched the video, I was shocked because I am the one who always does the same thing as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with your idea, I came into this class with the notion that you always just try to expand and develop your ideas. But it is pretty amazing how much more you learn about expanding and developing your ideas by actually putting it on paper and asking people about it or testing it.

    ReplyDelete