Monday, February 3, 2014

3 - Edward Lautzenhiser



npr.org : NPR's most basic "why" is fairly obvious: they want to inform people about the world in which we live; they want us to be aware of the political, scientific, and cultural current events that are taking place.  However, looking a little deeper, there are some other beliefs of theirs that feed into their reporting.  In the style of Simon Sinek, I would say that, especially apparent in their "world" and "political" sections, NPR beliefs in a democratic and progressive world in which the underdogs, minorities, and underprivileged have a voice.  NPR supports responsible action to take care of the people, animals, and ecosystems surrounding us.  And if you believe in those things, then NPR is the news source for you. 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Edward,

    Excellent description of how this ties back into Simon Sineck's points. I like that you used evidence from NPR's pages and content to strengthen your argument. I think you're spot on. NPR does a good job making other people who choose NPR feel like they are supporting those things, too. Which is the whole point of a good "why."

    ReplyDelete