Monday, February 17, 2014

5- Zach Drucker

In the book it refers to a method of categorizing different features within 60 seconds and eliminating those that are not vital to the function of your product. there were a few that I'd be willing to drop. The first feature that pre-exists our design is the closed Captioning button that we moved, while I think the feature is cool and helpful, most users struggle to understand the button's purpose and when they do understand it, they forget to use it. The feature cluttered the toolbar for a task that is not vital to the design of this product. Another feature we added to our design later on was the light indicating signals for when the volume is being raised or lowered. While few may struggle with the lack of clarity in our sound control, most would quickly realize that as the volume bar is raised the volume is raised.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Zach,

    That's a good point about the visual feedback in your project that I hadn't considered--the volume's going to get louder, aka automatic feedback! I don't understand what you meant about the closed captioning, though--do you mean get rid of it entirely? I'd push back on that; closed captioning for some users, like the hearing impaired, is essential. I also use it in labs when I don't want the volume up. So I'd argue that CC isn't nonessential. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete