Sunday, February 16, 2014

5 - Raymond Stump

    The YouTube feature that my partner and I focused on was the commenting section. We hid the comments and allowed user to sort through the comments with certain criteria. The reasoning behind all of this was to allow YouTube pages and videos load faster for users.

Features
·        Hide comments upon initial video startup
·        Allow users to sift through different criteria to organize the comments section (most thumbs up, most thumbs down, most commented, and all)

    The method that I will be using is the 60 second deadline. The reason why I believe we should use this method is because there are only a few features and writing them down will clearly show us what is essential and what is not.

After looking at all the features and what is essential and what is not I decided that there was no need to have a way to organize the comments. The main goal was to speed up the page loading and the video loading initially. I got rid of the most thumbs up, most thumbs down, most commented, and the all button because they were not necessary for that specific functionality. However, keeping the button that you click to view the comments and then to hide them again is very necessary for the feature to do what it needs to do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Raymond,

    I think you and Ellen both thought of the right method for your design as it stands and arrived at the right conclusion from the exercise. Even with all the bells and whistles gone, you still are left with a nice idea.

    -Elaine

    ReplyDelete