I have again chosen the site for the Seattle Space Needle.
http://www.spaceneedle.com/home/
I think finding the "Why" on the website for the Seattle Space Needle is a little tricky. A good portion of the text of the website focuses on the features of the Space Needle and Seattle, essentially, "from the top of the tower you can see this, this and this" or "come and eat in our fantastic top story restaurant".
The why would more likely lie somewhere in "We here at the Space Needle believe in the emotional power of beautiful vistas and are dedicated to sharing them with the masses." or perhaps "We believe that Seattle is an exceptional city, and would like to share it with you." So where do you find these statements? You don't explicitly. I would argue though, that when you get half way up the tower and the website shows you a view of Seattle at sunset, that that is the why the implicitly implies both of the previous why statements.

Hi Matthew,
ReplyDeleteYou make a persuasive argument for why your "why" is what they're driving at. Very good work using examples from the site as well as several iterations of your own thoughts. I can also tell from the wording of your suggested "why's" that you watched the TED talk and understand what a "why" needs to sound like--in the future definitely feel free to reference any videos or sections of the book you're drawing thoughts from. It would further strengthen your argument.