Wednesday, February 19, 2014

5 - Nathan Rodenbeck

For looking at project 3 with the mindset of getting rid of features, I used the Aim Low process. In project 3, my partner and I created a second video option to queue up videos while you are already watching a video. With the Aim Low process I realized that maybe 80% of YouTube users won't use this application. The app will just take up space and perhaps create more confusion or frustration. So while thinking of it, I had an idea to just have this feature as an option in settings. This could give the users this application would benefit a chance to enjoy it. YouTube is doing just fine without this option, and therefore I would be okay with dropping it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nathan,

    You're the only one in the blog group that chose Aim Low, and in my opinion this might have something to do with the fact that Aim Low can be the biggest ego blow. Putting your idea in the options or dropping it entirely can be a hard thing to admit but a really important part of the design process (that I struggle with all the time, especially when it comes to lesson planning).

    -Elaine

    ReplyDelete