Monday, February 17, 2014

5-Lee Wisne

In my redesign of the YouTube application on Xbox, I pointed out that the history section showing all the perviously watched videos should be more easily accessible so I added a 'history' section to the homepage. I also noticed that the top of the homepage there were too many options to scroll through so I cut down a few that I thought weren't necessary.
In applying the unnecessary test, I noticed that even though adding a 'history' option at the top of the screen would helps some, most people would be unaffected by this so instead of adding the history option and taking some others out, I would take a majority of the options out and name one of the options just 'account' so they can get to many other options through that page leaving the majority of the screen devoted to searching for a video or scrolling through the 'what to watch' videos.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lee,

    That's also reminds me of Hoekman's "Interface Surgery" since your end goal decluttered the main page. I haven't ever used Xbox's YouTube application but thinking about how I watch YouTube videos, it seems like having history available but not front and center is a good way to go.

    ReplyDelete